Monday, October 3, 2011

It's Birthday Week!!!

I'm honestly in disbelief that this week is actually here, but alas it's here after all and honestly? I'm excited about it. I thought I would be sad that my baby won't technically be a baby anymore after Wednesday (and let's face it, there is still time for tears to be shed), but I'm super excited about what this next year holds. 


I've spent some time this weekend thinking about exactly what was going on around in my life this time last year and it feels like it was ages ago. I can't help but smile though when I think back to what I was doing the days before I met E up until those first chaotic weeks with him.


JHenderson Studios


It's strange to think how many things have changed this year. The first year of a child's life is certainly a whirlwind. The first year of life as a parent is no exception. Ethan and I have both grown in countless ways. He's grown somewhere around 8-9 inches and gained about 13 pounds and I've lost 55 pounds (and apparently and 2 inches in height according to a recent nurse) since his birth. He's learned to crawl, stand, and jabber and I've learned to be patient, multi-task, and pack a house load full of stuff for one days outing.


JHenderson Studios


I've seen him go from a helpless little baby to an adventurous little boy. In fact, I'm excited that he is hitting this new toddler stage. Instead of just taking the world in he is ready to go out and experience it! 


I can't wait to celebrate the end of this fabulous first year of my little ones life and look forward to whatever year number two might bring! 

8 comments :

  1. Yep this time last year you were debating on getting induced and wondering when that little boy was going to make his appearance. I was thinking the same thing...thinking I was pregnant as a house this time last year. Happy birthday week Ethan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday week, Ethan and Laura!! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday! Enjoy every minute of it mama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Birthday week, It's here! Glad to hear your not a basket case yet :) hope the happiness continues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness how fast they grow! Love those pictures, and your words in between them :-)
    You're so right, this first year of life is one of the most life changing, but so very amazing too. Can't wait to see all your hard work come into action for his birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday week! Enjoy the baby that is left in him! Itll disappear before you know it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those shots from his newborn session. Absolutley gorgeous! Let the birthday festivites begin!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can already say, even just 2 weeks post birthday, that one year olds ARE SO MUCH FUN. Celebrate this week in style, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Go ahead...get to typing. I want to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License

My Thoughts - Uninterrupted by Laura Sager is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.mythoughts-uninterrupted.blogspot.com/p/contact.html.

All images are property of Laura Sager unless otherwise noted.